Falmouth Town travelled to Street to continue our challenge for the league title. In the absence of the professionals Scott and Nigel, will attempt to write a report from last nights game.

So, with a solid performance on a mild dry evening in Somerset, we came away with a 2-0 win. Falmouth Town went with the same starting line up as on the previous Saturday. Opening moves were a bit cagey but Falmouth gradually began to get on top and start to dominate the possession.

The opening goal game from a Bradley Leivers cross that found Oscar Massey who’s shot was parried away by the much loved keeper (by the Street Ultras) Jordan Brooks, but he couldn’t stop it from going over the line. Rubin Wilson made sure of it, but the ball was adjudged to have already crossed the line.

Town nearly added a second shortly after when a cross from Luke Barner found Andreas Calleja-Stayne whose shot was somehow saved by Jordan, who knew little about it. The first half continued in largely the same vein with Town having most of the possession, but Street did well to stop us getting any shots away. The second goal came after a good spell of passing. Jack Webber finding James Swan, who’s decent cross found Oscar Massey with the sweetest of strikes that gave Jordan no chance.

Half-Time: 0-2

The second half continued in much the same way, with Town again having the lions’ share of possession.
Falmouth seemed to be winning corner after corner but most of them came to nothing.

What might have been a turning point was the sending off of the Street player who picked up two yellows in quick succession, for fouls on Ward and Webber, however as so always happens this seemed to galvanise Street and they actually started to play better football.

Cameron Hutchinson and later Luke Brabyn replaced Jared Sims and Rubin Wilson respectively, but Town couldn’t find that killer third goal.

Street had one or two chances for which Morgan Coxhead had to be alert for, and achieve Falmouth’s 20th clean sheet of the season. One was headed straight at him when the striker really should have scored.

Bradley Leivers made way for Max Everall for the last few minutes. Falmouth held out until the final whistle and now move within a point of Clevedon with a game in hand to set it up nicely for Friday at Helston Athletic.

Man of the match was Andreas Calleja-Stayne, although I think you just could pull a name out of a hat these days, as everybody is playing so well.

Full-Time: 0-2

Goals: Oscar Massey (x2)

Att: 91

Line Ups:

Street: Jordan Brooks, Josh Goodwin, Zeph Collins, Callum Corbridge, Jake Horsey, Daniel Peach ©, Braeden Symes, Toby Stephens, Alex Parsons, Jakob Dickens, Eli Collins.

Subs: Charlie Wood, Luca Cassidy, Oliver Pearson, Shay Allen.